Gladwin County 17th Probate Court
The probate court handles wills, administers estates and trusts, appoints guardians and conservators and orders treatment for mentally ill and developmentally disabled persons.
There are 78 probate courts in Michigan; probate judges are elected for six-year terms.
Probate / Family Court
Honorable Marcy A. Klaus
Probate and Family Court Judge
401 West Cedar Avenue
Gladwin, MI 48624
Kristie Simrau, Probate Register
Carrie Papineau, Juvenile Register
Chris Richards, Deputy Clerk
Darrell A. Schlese, Court Administrator/Referee
Jamie J. Raymond, Friend of the Court (989.426.4141)
Juvenile Probation Officer
R. Brent Rellinger
The court’s Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Coordinator is Christal Richards. She can be reached at 989.426.7451 or in the Probate Court offices.
Basic Courtroom Etiquette Rules
- Wear clothing that would be appropriate for business.
- Arrive on time.
- Turn off electronic devices and cell phones before entering the courtroom.
- Be polite to the judge, opposing counsel and court staff.
- Rise when the judge and jury enter and leave the courtroom.
- Stand when speaking to the judge, making or meeting an objection or questioning a witness.
- Do not interrupt others while they are talking.
- Refer to the judge as “Your Honor.”
- Direct all concerns and remarks to the bench and not opposing counsel.
Parenting Time Guidelines
A copy of the local parenting time guideline can be picked up at the Gladwin County Friend of the Court office, located in the lower level of Gladwin’s court house.
To view guidelines from Friend of the Court online, click on button below.