Call 2-1-1 for any flood-related needs. They are available to assist you with any questions.
FLOOD DAMAGE UPDATES
- Press Release – Winter Weather Safety Message – 11.12.2020. Click Here
- Press Release – Well – 10.09.2020. Click Here
- Fact Sheet – 003 Wells R. Click Here
- FEMA Region-V Recovery Bulletin – September 09, 2020. Click Here
- Appeal Process. Click Here
- FEMA Flyer – 08.14.2020. Click Here
- FEMA – Individual Assistance County Update. Click Here
- Stakeholder Advisory #7 – Understanding Your FEMA Letter. Click Here
- SBA and FEMA Resources. Click Here
- Stakeholder Update – 07.24.2020 – Final. Click Here
- Disaster Assistance Flyer and Flood Recovery Contacts. Click Here
- Advisories with Information from FEMA Registration Flyer. Click Here
- MI Disaster Declaration – 07.09.2020. Click Here
- Press Release – 07.10.2020 – Must Register with FEMA. Click Here
- Whitmer’s Request for a Major Disaster Declaration for Mid Michigan Counties Impacted by May Floods Approved by President Trump. Click Here
- Well Information for Flood Affected Gladwin County Residents. Click Here
- NR013 EGLE Permits may be Required for Shoreline Rebuilding on Wixom Sanford Lakes After Midland Flooding. Click Here
- JIC News Release 259 State of Michigan Launches Online Map of Free wi-fi Hotspots to Help Residents Lacking Access to Broadband Internet. Click Here
- Press Release – 06.09.2020-1. Click Here
- Be Aware Before You Repair. Click Here
- Common Floodplain Activities that may / may not need Permits. Click Here
- Flood damage clean up – Click to View Republic Waste Services Clean Up Statement
- Central Michigan District Health Department cmdhd.org has information from the CDC on flood issues and safety on your property.
- Below is a list of resources from the Department of Insurance and Financial Services’ (DIFS) website that you may find helpful when working with insurance companies to file a claim and repair damages. DIFS can help answer questions regarding what an insurer must do and help explain policy language.
- Flood Resources:
- DIFS Consumer Counselor: Flood Insurance: What You Need to Know
- NAIC Home Inventory List
- DIFS Guide to Resolving Insurance Problems/Complaint Form
- How to be “Claim Smart”
- DIFS Consumer Counselor: Homeownership vs. Repair Cost Policies
- Auto Repair Rights Under a Michigan Automobile Policy
- Insurance Claims Tracking Sheet
- Additional Disaster Preparedness Resources
For information on MONETARY DONATIONS, contact Gladwin County Relief Fund, visit GladwinFoundation.org
The process for monetary donations to the Gladwin County Flood Relief Fund will be as follows:
- Direct all financial donations to the Gladwin County Community Foundation and note Gladwin County Flood Relief Fund https://www.gladwinfoundation.org/
- If you are from an organization wanting the funds to be used for a specific purpose or geographic region, this must be noted with your donation.
- Funds will be distributed from the Foundation to the Mid Michigan Community Action Agency https://www.mmcaa.org/
- Funds will be distributed by MMCAA using their already developed platform to the community, if you have questions contact 211 or the MMCAA.
- 211 donation page arranged for donation information on the fund.