Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Other Times Available by Appointment)
Please See Below to Learn More about the Veterans Memorial Fund
Michigan Association of County Veterans Counselors
“Throughout the course of American history, courageous men and women have taken up arms to secure, defend, and maintain these core principles upon which our Nation’s freedoms depend.” – George Bush
Who We Are
The Gladwin County Office of Veterans Affairs is an office supported by Gladwin County. This office has provided Gladwin County veterans and their families with professional veterans benefit advocacy and support for over 50 years. Our office is accredited by the State of Michigan and the Department of Veterans Affairs. We are also supported by all Veteran Service Organizations.
Our mission is to assist Veterans and their families obtain local, state and federal benefits. We help them discover the benefits to which they are entitled and assist them with the application process. We are committed to provide quality service and advocacy for our veterans and their families.
Gladwin County Veterans Memorial Fund
The current Gladwin County Veterans Memorial is in need of major repairs.
Time, the elements and vehicle emissions have been hard on the brick-and-mortar structure.
Instead of spending money making temporary repairs to the current memorial, the Gladwin County Veterans Committee and the County Commissioners feel a new, improved memorial should be built to honor our County’s Veterans.
The new memorial will be more of a park-like setting with each service era having their own granite slab with the name of each veteran permanently engraved into the stone. Between each wall will be a path leading to the next with memorial benches available along the way. Paver bricks will be sold to place along that path to honor your favorite veterans not eligible for placement on the wall. This memorial will fill the open grounds just East of the County Building.
Your donations to this project to honor out County’s Veterans would be greatly appreciated.
Donations can be made in the following manner:
- Check made out to Gladwin County Veterans Affairs with “Memorial” written in the memo line. The checks can be brought to the office or mailed to:
Gladwin County Office of Veterans Affairs
555 W Cedar Ave
Gladwin, MI 48624
- You can also pay by credit card to the Gladwin County Community Foundation:
Call them at 989.839.9661 and tell them you are donating to this project
or online at: https://www.midlandfoundation.org/fund/gladwinveteransmemorialfund/
We appreciate your support in helping us to honor and recognize our Gladwin County Veterans.
Veterans Relief Fund
The program is funded solely by donations from people and groups who wish to help our local veterans. All donations are used to help Gladwin County Veterans with emergent needs such as home heating, electricity, food, clean drinking water and other health and safety needs. You can help a local veteran by donating at the link below.
Gladwin County Veterans Memorial Fund
The Gladwin County Veterans Memorial is in dire condition. Rather than spending large sums of money to repair the current memorial, a new Veterans Memorial project has been started. The County Board of Commissioners have approved the use of the property on the East side of the Court House to use for this purpose. This new Veterans Memorial will be more of a small park-like setting with veterans from each service era being represented in its own display.
Any donations made will be used solely for this purpose. Any remaining funds will be placed into a perpetual care fund for the memorial.
MakeTheConnection.net connects Veterans, their family members and friends, and other advocates with mental health information, local resources, and inspiring stories of recovery. Visitors can find reliable information on how to cope with challenges such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury, military sexual trauma, and transitioning from service. The site is free and accessible to everyone.
- PTSD: Symptoms, Treatment Options, and Veteran Stories: https://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd
- Transitioning from Service: Advice and Resources for Veterans: https://maketheconnection.net/events/transitioning-from-service
- Social Isolation: Signs and Resources to Address Social Withdrawal: https://maketheconnection.net/symptoms/social-withdrawal
- Five Ways You Can Support a Veteran Living with PTSD: https://maketheconnection.net/whats-new/five-ways-you-can-support-a-veteran-living-with-ptsd
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Recently Separated Veterans
- Recording DD-214
- VA Health Care | Enrollment/Dental Care | Enrollment
- SGLI conversions
- Establish Eligibility for State of MI Benefits
- eBenefits Registration
- Compensation Claims
- Filing Appeals
- VA Non-Service Connected Pension
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Programs
- Agent Orange Assistance
- My Healthevet
- VA Medical Care
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Pell Grant Applications
In Time of Passing
- Dependency & Indemnity Compensation
- Widows Pension
- Burial Allowance
- Burial Markers & Medallions
- Survivor Benefits
- Burial Flags
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Soldiers and Sailors Relief Fund
- Michigan Veterans Trust Fund
- Michigan Veterans Housing Assistance Program
All Other Services
- Discharge Review & Upgrade
- GI Home Loan Guarantee
- Requests for Lost Military Records
- Employment Assistance
- Veteran Owned Business Resources
- Many other Veterans resources and information.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE OF CHARGE: YOU’VE ALREADY PAID FOR OUR LIBERTY!
Please Come See Us If:
– You want more information on the programs and services
– Need transportation assistance to VA Medical facilities
– Feel frustrated with government agencies
– Need food or shelter
– Need help finding a job
– Feel helpless or angry
– Are having trouble receiving benefits
– Just need someone to talk to
Veterans Crisis Line: 1.800.273.8255 (press 1)
Veteran Benefits Overview
- Department of Veteran Affairs Benefits
- Michigan Veteran Benefits and Services Pamphlet
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents & Survivors
Crisis and Counseling
- VA Healthcare Benefits Annual Income Thresholds
- Apply for VA Health Benefits
- VA Health Benefit Enrollment Priority Groups
- Health Benefits Copay Rates
- CHAMPVA for Eligible Beneficiaries
VA Disability Compensation
- Compensation Factsheet
- Compensation Benefit Pay Rates
- Agent Orange Claims & Blue Waters Exposure Information
- Agent Orange Presumptive Conditions
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claims, Eligibility & Benefits